I'm travelling to San Francisco (SFO) with family this May. My first flight is with JAL to Narita. After a 12hr layover, the next flight is from Haneda to San Francisco. Similar routing on the way back a few weeks later (SFO-HND / NRT - ? ). Do I need a visa for Japan and if yes, what kind?

marked as duplicate by Robert Columbia, bytebuster, krubo, chx, David Richerby Apr 22 at 9:24

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    What is your citizenship? – Traveller Apr 21 at 7:47
  • 1
    @Traveller He is extremely likely to be Indian. – chx Apr 21 at 8:03

I will go with the presumption you hold a passport issued by India (I Googled your name). I entered your data into Timatic which the airline will also use (and deny boarding if you don't have the necessary documentation). It shows you need a visa. Checking visa types, the transit visa will be enough as it is valid for 15 days maximum.

enter image description here

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.