I have been selected for a 2 month internship in a French laboratory. They will not pay me any money as stipend but rather they will reimburse my staying expenses. Can I apply for a tourist visa in this case instead of a student visa?

  • For how long is the internship? – Traveller Apr 17 at 17:43
  • It is 2 months long, from May to July. – Brihaspati Apr 17 at 17:46
  • I cannot work on a tourist VISA so they cannot pay me money as a stipend for the internship. But they will sponsor my lodging and food expenses which is mentioned in the offer letter that I received from my host laboratory. – Brihaspati Apr 17 at 17:52
  • What is the purpose of this internship? Is it part of studies? – DJClayworth Apr 17 at 18:06
  • 1
    Housing and food are payments just not cash payments. – mkennedy Apr 17 at 20:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.