I am a Pakistani passport holder, and a permanent resident of Canada, with PR card. Travelling via Frankfurt by Air Canada. Can I visit the city during this 8-hour layover or does it require any formality?

  • Travelling from/to where? I suspect you can only transit without a visa if you stay airside but to get an accurate answer we need to know your origin and destination points. – Traveller Apr 14 '19 at 8:02
  • As a guess the OP is flying between Pakistan and Canada (or the other way). But it would be useful if this was explicitly stated. – CSM Apr 14 '19 at 16:15
  • Since you have Canadian PR, you can transit airside in Frankfurt without a visa. To leave the airport, you need a Schengen visa. – krubo Apr 17 '19 at 20:42

As a Pakistani citizen you would need a Schengen Visa to enter Germany. As a Canadian resident you can apply for it at a German consulate in Canada, but you still need a Visa. https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/germany-visa/canada/

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.