My venezuelan passport expires on July 2019. I would like to ask for an extension to my tourist stay. is the US accepting affidavits for expired Venezuelan passports as other countries: Canada, Peru, Colombia, etc. What is the process?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo May 9 at 1:15

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Do you intend to renew your Venezuelan passport? – jpatokal Apr 7 at 5:12
  • You only need to submit an explanation if your passport will not be valid when you file I-539 for Extension of Status. Are you planning to file I-539 after July? – user102008 Apr 8 at 3:28
  • would your Visa still be valid after an hypothetical extension???? – ΦXocę 웃 Пepeúpa ツ Apr 11 at 10:41
  • OP has not returned to clarify comments. Putting on hold. – Mark Mayo May 9 at 1:15