I applied for a British renewal passport online by mistake instead of new British passport. I have already paid online for it and received my declaration pack. What can I do to rectify this error? Is applying for a new passport and ignoring this is sufficient? Is refund option available?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo May 9 at 1:12

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • You may not be able to do anything. According to gov.uk/passport-fees you cannot get a refund if you cancel your application. – Traveller Apr 6 at 16:24
  • 5
    Are you certain that you have made a mistake? So-called passport renewal is generally misnamed, since it usually concerns getting a new passport within a certain amount of time after the previous one has expired. But it's not actually possible to literally renew an expiring or expired passport; the first document is always replaced with a new one that has a new passport number. – phoog Apr 6 at 16:33
  • OP has not returned to clarify comments. Putting on hold. – Mark Mayo May 9 at 1:12