I am an Indian studying in Austria. I have a Studyweek program in Enniscrone, North West Coast of Ireland. I want to know whether I can visit UK with that Visa.

  • 3
    Does the visa say BIVS on it? – phoog Apr 2 '19 at 8:37
  • Thank you for your prompt reply. I hope BIVS is British-Irish Visa. I have not still applied. I want to know the details to apply. If it is BIVS can I go to UK? Is there another Visa that which is not BIVS? – Liju Porathur Apr 2 '19 at 11:53
  • As far as I understand it, you'll automatically get the BIVS endorsement if you qualify for it (i.e., if you are not banned from the UK or something unusual like that). But I don't know much about the BIVS scheme, so I could be wrong about that. Perhaps someone with first-hand experience will be able to add an answer. – phoog Apr 2 '19 at 13:56

The British Irish Visa Scheme allow for travel to and around the Common Travel Area (CTA) on a single visa. A non-BIVS visit visa issued by Ireland will not allow you to visit the UK from Ireland http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/check-irish-visa

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.