I am a citizen of Uzbekistan, and I want to travel to China for a week from Japan. I work in Japan as a software engineer.

I checked the required documents (for visa type L, tourist), and it said that I had to have my flight reservations and hotel bookings, and only then apply. So I booked everything and went to the China Visa centre in my city in Japan.

The lady there told me that since I am a citizen of Uzbekistan, I need to provide an official invitation letter with a scannable barcode on it. I asked her how I could get it, but she would not help. I contacted 3 different agencies in China by now, and all of them said they can provide that invitation letter only for type M (commerce and trade visa) and for the business visa. Does anyone know where I can find an agency that can help me get this document? I emailed the Chinese embassy in Japan a few times a week ago, but never got a reply.

Should I just apply for the commerce and trade visa? Or was the lady wrong and a normal invitation letter from a Chinese national (friend of mine) do?


1 Answer 1


As @jpatokal mentioned in the comments, the visa center worker seems to be mistaken. The visas that have been affected in this change are Z work visas, M business visas, and F exchange visit visas. The normal letter from your friend will be enough, I suggest you make another appointment and if you run into the same problem ask to speak to management.

Balglobal states:

Visas/permits affected: F, M and Z visas.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.