I wish to know if anyone has an experience dealing with the following: Husband and wife travelling together to the UK on a visitor visa for 1 month leaving their 7 and 12 year old children with their grandparents. Do I need to provide any documents relating to this situation with regards to our children?

  • 10
    UK authorities are mostly concerned about whether you'll leave at the end of your trip. I don't know whether you need to document your children, but having two children in the care of grandparents is a compelling reason for you to return home. I'd find a way to include that information in your application.
    – user90371
    Commented Mar 26, 2019 at 3:16
  • 2
    This is an answer. ^ Commented Sep 4, 2019 at 8:52
  • You most definitely need to list your dependent children whether they are going with you or not. Commented Sep 4, 2019 at 17:14

1 Answer 1


You will be asked on the application form if there are dependents you’re temporarily leaving behind.

That section is exactly for the situation you describe.

Here is a screenshot of that section. You can add as many dependents as there are, and you will have to answer the following for each one of them.

enter image description here

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .