I understand that you must work for 5 years in the UK to be granted ILR, however if for example, you work for 2 years in the UK on tier 2 and then switch to do tier 4 for 1 year in the UK to study a masters and then switch back to tier 2 to work for another 3 years, will that classify as being employed for 5 years or do the 5 years need to be continuous? Just to be clear, you would remain in the UK the whole time.

closed as off-topic by Traveller, MJeffryes, AakashM, B.Liu, Giorgio Mar 25 at 13:58

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.