I am from Algeria and my wife is from Spain. We will be travelling from Algeria to Russia but we will have transit 10hours in paris, and during this time we want discover the city. As an EU family member travelling with my wife I don’t need a visa , under directive 2004/38/ec can we go out normally without problems?

  • 1
    In theory you can, but it will go much more smoothly if you get a visa beforehand. The visa is free. – phoog Mar 22 at 1:40
  • I tried and i dont get it – Ahmed Mar 22 at 11:29
  • Well that is a different question. Did you specify that the application was for a family member (i.e., that the 2004/38/EC apply)? What reason did they give for the refusal? – phoog Mar 22 at 13:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.