I will be traveling to US and need to apply for B2 Visa sponsored by my employer. In the supporting documents I have seen the ask for tax payments proof. I have last FY 2017-18 tax proof and also getting one done for FY 2018-19. They have asked for last 2 years. Would this suffice? Do Visa officers check tax returns if sponsored by employer?

  • 2
    Welcome. The title of your question says "B1" but the body says "B2." If you're traveling for work, the title is correct. – phoog Mar 21 at 15:05
  • You should just select B1/B2, instead of one or the other; virtually everyone gets this. – Michael Hampton Mar 21 at 15:41
  • 1
    B-2 visas do not allow business visits. You need a B-1 visa or a combination B-1/B-2 visa. None of this addresses your actual question, though, to which I do not know the answer. – phoog Mar 21 at 15:55
  • Yes I meant b1-b2 Visa but the question was more around the tax returns for non-immigrant temporary visit to us sponsored by my employer – Debleena Bose Mar 21 at 19:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.