other than my full time job, I do independent consulting for an online educational site, for which I get a variable amount paid every month which varies between a fraction of my regularly salary, to sometimes a little more than my salary.

I do not have any sort of contract with the company for whom I do consulting. Do I show this as freelance income? How does this work without any "official" documents?

P.S. Let me know if you need any further information to help answer this question.

  • Do you get this amount in your bank account? or Cash? – Hanky Panky Mar 18 '19 at 6:42
  • @HankyPanky It comes into my bank account via. Payoneer.com. The PAN Card (tax document) is also connected to the Payoneer account, so the amount is reflected for Tax as well. – Parthapratim Neog Mar 18 '19 at 6:44
  • @HankyPanky I haven't filed an ITR (Paying tax for the amount to the govt.) for it yet, since it started around 8 months ago. ITR filing happens after July. – Parthapratim Neog Mar 18 '19 at 6:45
  • 1
    That doesn't sound problematic then. I would state to them what you just stated here. That you do free lancing work on your free time and all those incoming bank transactions are for your supplementary income. – Hanky Panky Mar 18 '19 at 6:45
  • OK. so just explaining the incoming credits in the cover letter to them should be ok? even though the amount might be same or more than the full time salary? – Parthapratim Neog Mar 18 '19 at 6:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.