I am travelling to schengen countries next month, and for one of my flights I need a transit visa for the UK, as the flight lays over in London for 10 hours.

So my query is, whether I will need a sponsorship letter attached with visa documents as my wife is travelling with me and in the application form I have shown that I am sponsoring her for the visit.

My confusion is that in the transit visa documents nothing is mentioned about the sponsorship letter.

  • 5
    Sponsorship letter? That doesn't make sense. You are applying for a transit visa! Of course you likely don't need a transit visa anyway. Mar 17 '19 at 6:40
  • You’re going to Schengen countries only but need to transit the UK? Surely there’s a route that would take you via one of the major hubs in Schengen?
    – Traveller
    Mar 17 '19 at 7:09
  • OP has not returned to clarify. Putting on hold for now.
    – Mark Mayo
    Oct 22 '19 at 23:58