Since there is no passport control while exiting the UK (e.g. via Heathrow), I have stamps on my passport for entries only. During the entry, passport officers ask me how long I have been outside the UK and I tell them.

I wonder how to track what is officially recorded. Is there a way?

Note: I'm a non-EEA citizen.

  • 2
    May I suggest acquiring some kind of information-retention technology you can operate yourself? Pen and paper is a tested and true solution which is available at affordable prices in most locations. – hmakholm left over Monica Mar 11 '19 at 13:12
  • @ahmedus It might be possible to ask Immigration to stamp your passport on exit as well – Traveller Mar 11 '19 at 13:33
  • 1
    If you booked your flights via email you could check them. The UK knows when you left but I doubt they'd tell you – BritishSam Mar 11 '19 at 14:33
  • 2
    You can request your immigration history gov.uk/government/publications/… – Traveller Mar 11 '19 at 14:53
  • 1
    @Traveller This could be an answer either. – user63373 Mar 11 '19 at 16:06

You can request personal information about you that is held on the Home Office’s immigration records (this is also known as a ‘subject access request’). There are three types of request you can make, all are free of charge: Basic, Specific, or Detailed.

A Basic request takes 30 days and should provide you with the information you’re seeking in your question. You can apply online or in writing, and you must supply evidence to confirm your identity when applying. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration

Note: it does not specifically say so in the guidance on how to make a request, however I would imagine that the service is designed for one-off / infrequent requests, rather than after every trip to the UK.

  • Anecdotal experience: I tried the basic subject request, and got a pack containing only my previous long-term visa applications and annotations made by UKVI staff. It does not contain my entry/exit records. The OP might need the "specific" level, which allows one to specify what information they are seeking the Home Office to release. – B.Liu Mar 11 '19 at 20:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy