We're travelling as a group, currently we are all EU citizens with no other nationality/passports issued by other countries.
Though there's a bit of confusion relating to questions asking about the past:
- Have you ever been issued a passport or national identity card for travel by any other country?
- Have you ever been a citizen or national of any other country?
So far, for our group of travellers, for the above two questions all of the below apply:
- Prev. Citizenship: Stateless
- Prev. Passport: Alien
- Prev. "national identity card": Residence permit card (for Stateless national, valid for travel within Schengen Area)
- Prev. Citizenship: Soviet Union
- Prev. "national identity card": Soviet Union (internal passport - valid for travel only within the union)
- Prev. Passport: Soviet Union (ordinary/foreign passport - valid for travel to other countries outside the union)
- Prev. Passport: Soviet Union (civil service passport - valid for travel to other countries outside the union)
But I'm confused as to these are not exactly being present in the dropdown options that the ESTA application provides. And for the passport question, not sure if we're expected to insert a new "row" for each passport that we had issued by the other country? In the above case with the Soviet Union, you could in theory insert at least 3 "rows" for each type of passport and are we expected to add the renewed ones as well? Too confused with this. :(