I’m applying for UK standard visa. I will be travelling with my husband and we are separately filling our applications. Since both of us are employed we will share the cost of the trip. Our hotel booking and flight itinerary is booked under both of our names. Do I need to include the full amount as the cost of trip and mention in the cover letter that my husband will share half of the expences? Or should I divide the total cost into 2 and mention only my expense in my form? Both of us are employed and are not dependent on each other and will submit proofs of the same.


  • Don’t get bogged down in the weeds of minutiae. You’re applying separately so put down reasonable numbers that can be supported by your salary. Either way is fine, but the numbers must be reasonable. – user 56513 Mar 6 '19 at 2:30
  • @Preethi The application asks about travelling companions; link the applications up using the GWF numbers that get assigned as you complete them. Record the share of the planned cost in each application as ThE iLIEgAl aLiEn states – Traveller Mar 6 '19 at 7:36
  • 1
    I always include the full amount as the costs of the trip. Next questions ask how much does the applicant pay and whether anybody else is paying for the trip and why. This is where the applicant can specify the details and explain them. – Ewige Studentin Mar 6 '19 at 7:56
  • @user56513 want to write a full answer? – Mark Mayo Sep 15 '19 at 22:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.