My Parents have id documents sourjourno stay for Italy. They went to India and lost their documents - it was apparently reported. As they cannot look after themselves i have booked them to come back. They have been in India for 2 years. WIll they be refused entry into Italy. WIll Delhi immigration let them board. Is there a restriction on how long they can leave Italy for? What will happen if we show them the document. WIll they be rejected? please help?

  • 2
    Did they replace their lost documents? They should have contacted an Italian consulate immediately upon discovering the loss. – Michael Hampton Mar 5 at 19:54
  • Also, what nationality are they? – George M Mar 5 at 20:07
  • 3
    If your parents had a Carta Di Soggiorno then their right to live in Italy lapsed once they were outside Italy for more than 12 months. If this is the case they'll need to re-apply. At the very least they'll need a Schengen visa to enter Italy. The situation is better if they had an EU long-term residence permit, but they'll need to replace it before they travel. It's unlikely they'll be allowed to board without either a visa or a permit. However, questions about long term residence belong on Expatriates. You should ask there. – Redd Herring Mar 5 at 21:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.