Should I add my child as a dependent child even if they are not travelling or joining me in the UK. I'm divorced for 11 years and my children live with their mother.

  • 1
    Is your child actually dependent on you? Do you provide for them, actually look after them? At least some of the time? – DJClayworth Mar 3 '19 at 17:09
  • Do you mean a Marriage Visitor visa gov.uk/marriage-visa or a Family visa gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse? – Traveller Mar 3 '19 at 18:34
  • I pay maintenance for my children. I am applying for a fiancee visa. If successful we will be married in the Summer.The questions are confusing as the next question is – J green Mar 3 '19 at 21:18
  • Are any other children travelling with you? But no children are travelling. And no I don't look after them. They are in Turkey with their mother and I live in Cyprus. – J green Mar 3 '19 at 21:21
  • Assuming you are applying to marry and settle (not visit) in the UK, the Family visa requires you to give details of all children, even if they’re not applying. gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information – Traveller Mar 3 '19 at 23:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.