I was banned from entering the UK for 10 years because I didn’t disclose that I was married in my previous application.

I have been married to my wife since 2015 and she is a UK citizen but, when I got married, I was a student and my parents did not approve of me dating someone that is not from Nigeria. So each time I applied, we used a family agent that helps us. I didn’t disclose to the agent that I was married so as not to tell my parents.

Now when I applied to visit my wife in the UK, I was bannned because I didn’t disclose that I was married in my previous applications. I was told the only solution is a spouse visa but I really don’t want to live permanently in the UK so a spouse visa is really not a good option for me.

What other options do I have?

  • 1
    When there's information you don't want someone to have, the solution is to avoid them seeing the application, not to withhold it. – Henrik supports the community Mar 3 '19 at 12:22
  • 2
    I already made the mistake and trust me I don’t have anything to gain by not disclosing that I’m married to a Uk citizen rather I had a lot to gain had I disclosed it but at that time it was complicated and I didn’t even think about it until now that I got the ban.. just looking for solution to my problem at this moment cause it’s all my fault – JT101 Mar 3 '19 at 12:34
  • Now my wife is in Uk she has been the one visiting me since that’s why I applied for visiting visa to go and see her but got banned cause I didn’t disclosed it in my previous applications when I was a student in uk – JT101 Mar 3 '19 at 12:36
  • 1
    You could meet elsewhere in Europe where you can both get a citizen. Or you could try to get an UK immigration lawyer to look at your case, but that will be rather expensive. – o.m. Mar 3 '19 at 15:01
  • 1
    Did you ever tell UK officials yourself that you are not married? – Harper - Reinstate Monica Mar 3 '19 at 15:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.