I want to go on a two-weeks holiday.

My company will sponsor me. They have made a hotel reservation for me, but I have a friend in the UK, who has agreed to show me around the country on my arrival.

Please note that he didn't have any hand in sponsoring my trip. My question is do I still need to including his documents in my supporting documents?

  • 3
    If the friend is just someone you meet up with, rather than someone whose support you need to make the trip, you don't need to document their circumstances. That being said, the fact that your employer is paying for your holiday may raise an eyebrow or two. This is not forbidden (unless it's a way of evading tax in your home country), but it's unusual enough that they may try to imagine ways it could be a cover for something that is forbidden on an ordinary visitor visa -- such as working while you're in the UK. – hmakholm left over Monica Mar 1 '19 at 19:16
  • @Queen Your company is sponsoring a holiday? I agree with Henning Makholm - very unusual, you’ll need to explain why and have confirmation of the reason from the company, IMHO. – Traveller Mar 2 '19 at 0:39

No, these documents don't need included. In your application/on arrival you can mention you will be meeting a friend and tell them his name and address but more information isn't required unless explicitly asked for as the friend isn't your sponsor.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.