My Singapore EP pass has been cancelled. However, I still have a valid Multiple Entry tourist visa. Can I take a short trip outside Singapore and come back? Would it be useful to show a return ticket from Singapore to home upon arrival back in Singapore?

  • 1
    For completeness, what’s your nationality and why and when was your Employment Pass cancelled? – Traveller Feb 21 '19 at 10:43
  • Nationality is Indian. The EP was cancelled because I decided to quit my job. However, I have had the tourist visa before the current employer issued the EP. I believe I have a short visit pass that lets me stay in the country for 30 day but not enter it again. But as I mentioned i still hold a multiple entry visa to Singapore valid till end of August this year. – nhboy Feb 21 '19 at 11:06
  • The short visit pass is issued on the recommendation of the current (now past) employer. – nhboy Feb 21 '19 at 11:13
  • 1
    If you had an Employment Pass you were presumably living in Singapore. If you leave, will you be able to prove to Immigration that you are re-entering as a tourist/for activities that a tourist visa allows? Are your personal circumstances the same as those stated in your Tourist visa application? – Traveller Feb 21 '19 at 16:17
  • I am not sure what it means when you say activities. I will have a return ticket to India in hand and will be able to say I intend to visit and stay with friends for some time longer. – nhboy Feb 21 '19 at 16:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.