Hi when travelling abroad do I need a visa to enter Britain? What is an Article 10 residence card? Is this the same as a green card?

The problem occured while making a booking online. I was told I only need a Green card. And there is no problem if passports Bolivian. At the Airport I got declined. Very difficult to use gov.uk. Thanks.Wendy

  • 1
    Who told you you only need a green card? A green card is sufficient to leave and enter the US, but it has no direct impact on your ability to enter the UK. – phoog Feb 20 '19 at 1:29

On the assumption that you hold Bolivian citizenship and are not a family member of an EEA National who is travelling with you, yes, you need a visa to enter the UK. https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/bolivia/tourism/no

An Article 10 residence card is not the same as a green card. It is a document which is issued under European Union law (‘the Free Movement Directive’) by European Economic Area Member States to non-EEA family members of EEA nationals who are exercising free movement rights in another Member State than that of their nationality. For example, the non-EEA spouse of a French national who is living and working in Italy may be issued with an Article 10 residence card by the Italian authorities. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card/entering-the-uk-as-the-holder-of-an-article-10-residence-card

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.