I lost my passport in the US, and it has my O1 visa in it. I was supposed to go to London. Can I replace my US visa from London or do I have to go back to Australia?


The US generally prefers that applicants apply in their place of residence, but in most cases this is just a preference. Consular staff in an applicant's place of residence are in a better position to judge the applicant's circumstances. To replace a lost or stolen visa, or even an expired visa for someone who resides in the US, any convenient US consulate will do.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.