Paraguay officially requires a visa for Canadian citizens. This is spelled out in the official Canadian site about travel. It says here:
Tourist visa: required
However, numerous unofficial online publications say that one can cross into Paraguay without having a visa when entering at Iguazu.
Is there a visa exemption for Canadian citizens entering Paraguay at Iguazu?
- Is there an official policy?
- How long is the exemption valid for?
- Must one exit from the same border entered from?
- Does it matter which border Paraguay is entered from? (Brazil or Argentina)
- Are there unofficial rules applicable to this?