I'm a student and I intend to visit the UK in my spring's holidays.

Do I have to write on my application form that the time when I'm willing to go on is indeed a public holiday for the whole educational system in my country ? Or even more, prove it with some official paper???

  • 1
    The people who process your visa application (usually) live in your country and will know when the public holidays are. – Michael Hampton Feb 12 '19 at 18:36
  • Your (usually) made me redo the whole application. – james smith Feb 12 '19 at 18:37
  • There are some places where the country is small enough that the visa application is sent to a neighboring country to be processed. But these are pretty uncommon. Normally they are processed at the consulate you applied to, or at least in the main embassy of the country. – Michael Hampton Feb 12 '19 at 18:39
  • With all due respect, I really became skeptical as hell about them, my country is Algeria and it appears that they dont like us at all even if I'm going with an accommodation to my fully British citizen cousin – james smith Feb 12 '19 at 18:41
  • @james smith There’s a section at the end of the application where you can add extra information if you feel it would be helpful to include a comment about travelling during the public holiday period in order not to take time away from your studies. – Traveller Feb 12 '19 at 18:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.