My minor son travelled to India 7 years ago with a OCI card. Now I and my son are traveling to India again. He now has a new US passport, which is different than the one mentioned on his OCI card 7 years ago. I'm now applying for an e-visa for him.

There are mandatory questions asking about the 'last visa number used' and the 'type of visa used'. If I put his OCI number as the previous visa number (since OCI is a lifelong multiple entry, multipurpose visa), then what can I choose as 'visa type' ? 'Entry visa' seems like the most appropriate choice, but I'm not sure. Also 'lifelong visa' is not an option under visa type.

  • 1
    Why e-visa rather than updating his OCI card? – Patricia Shanahan Feb 10 at 18:08
  • 1
    Also, according to Wikipedia, an OCI card and a currently valid US passport would be sufficient even if the passport number does not match. Have you checked whether he needs any new paperwork? – Patricia Shanahan Feb 10 at 18:26
  • 2
    @PatriciaShanahan People under the age of 20 need to renew their OCI card when they get a new passport. It's not clear why he is trying to get an e-visa at all. – Michael Hampton Feb 10 at 20:51

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.