Flight delayed for 7 hours (3 of them inside the plane) due to missing crew members, then cancelled due to "bad weather" (probably not true as a later flight, same airline+destination left the airport that night).
We had to sleep in the airport, because it was announced that there are no more hotels available. There were camp beds, but we were only able to get them because we were travelling in a bigger group. Some passengers slept on the floor or elsewhere. We went to bed at around two o'clock after waiting hours in the queue, trying to get a refund or something.
The thing is, my girlfriend has a sensitive stomach. Unexpectedly we had to get meal and later dinner at the airport, both of which didn't bode too well with her stomach. She was okay until around midnight. When going to bed she vomited a bit and then tried to sleep, but couldn't due to the uncomfortable beds and her stomach. I tried to get some rest, but she was vomiting more or less the whole night. At around 3:30 she went to the bathroom, and when she came back, she looked really weak and I was getting really, really worried about her health and if she would even be able to get the flight in the morning. So we went to the airport clinic, where they gave her a few pills that didn't help too much either. After that we went straight to the terminal and waited for the flight (4 hours); she didn't want to lay down as she started feeling dizzy when doing so due to lack of sleep, stress, and her general condition. Also, we didn't know if they would cancel our flight again, as later there was announced that there were strikes... turned out that that was the case on another airport, but it got us really worried, especially my girlfriend.
She got better after the flight, which tells me that it was due to the circumstances and not her beeing ill from before the whole thing happened.
So my question is: Assuming that the airline is actually at fault for the delay, do you think we have any chances of success demanding compensation for her suffering at the airport, either by contacting the airline directly or via a specialized 3rd-party site? If yes, how much would be reasonable? We have the medical report from the clinic. Also, we will demand compensation for the delays and cancellations, and for the constant misinformation or lack of information. Even if they say it was the weather, this smells like an excuse.