I'm Korean and a Master's student in the UK. However, my situation is quite complicated. My course started on Sep in 2017 and was supposed to finish the next year. But I took a semester off due to my health issue and want to return for my final project. And my school, in this situation, cannot provide me with any support for visa.
My school suggests me return to the UK without visa since I can legally stay there up to 6 months as a traveler. The thing is, it hasn't been even a year since I came back to Korea from the UK. A person at the boarder control will doubt my purpose of stay due to lack of solid proof from my school, and such a long period of stay for travel(because I'll be a traveler without visa).
I really need to do research in the UK for my dissertation... I didn't even imagine I wouldn't have a student visa for return... (The last time I talked with my school, they seemed very supportive for my return. It turned out they didn't know my situation in detail at the time.)
I don't even know whether I can say a student as my occupation because I'm visiting the UK as a traveler. It might be confusing if I say I haven't graduated from a university in the UK, which means I'm a student THERE, but coming back as a visitor? It doesn't sound right... Then... my jobless situation could cause more problems.
There is something I personally can show the person at the boarder.
- My student ID (But this is for school year of 2017/18.)
- My bank account from Santander with money for 5 months of stay.
- My credit card that I can use in other countries (VISA)
- My school account (I can access to school portal and the like.)
- Receipt of rental fee for housing (student accommodation)
- Return ticket that proves I'm leaving the UK in 5 months
- DPD form I submitted to school for interruptions of studies (But the school doesn't recommend me do so since the situation can become more complicated.)
- I'll tell the person I'm planning to pursue a PhD, and that's why I don't have a job currently, which is true.
Is there anything I can add more?
I have some friends who are still studying in the UK if this can be helpful..