I am German and I have a German passport.

I'll be doing an internship in the US with a J1 visa.

Now I'll have the opportunity to visit the company office in Canada.

Will I need a Visa for this and if yes which one?

  • 5
    As a German citizen, you do not need a visa for a business visit to Canada, but you do need authorization to work in Canada. I suspect that this qualifies as a business visit, and therefore does not require work authorization, but whether that is true probably depends on what you will be doing at the company office in Canada. Can you edit your question to include a few words about that? – phoog Feb 5 at 17:00
  • 2
    Also note that if you enter as a visitor without a visa, you will need to get an eTA before boarding the flight if you are arriving in Canada by air, but you will not need anything if you are arriving in Canada by land or sea. – user102008 Feb 5 at 18:26

You don't need a visa for your visit to Canada : Check this link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html You have : 6 months and the eTA is required if arriving by air.

Here is more information about the eTA if you need one : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/apply.html

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.