I've booked a one way ticket to the UK and am in the process of applying for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa. I got a one way ticket as I'm not sure whether I will stay the whole 2 years/if I will move on some where else afterwards etc. My question is, do I need to have proof of a flight departing the UK to be granted a visa? I've heard some countries require this as evidence that you intend to leave once your visa expires. Thanks.

closed as off-topic by Michael Hampton, David Richerby, Giorgio, bytebuster, Ali Awan Jan 27 at 7:40

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Don't book your ticket before you get your visa!!! The UK visa guidance is quite clear that you do not need a ticket before you get a visa. Now, if your visa is denied, you've wasted a lot of money on a plane ticket, unless you got a refundable one. – David Richerby Jan 26 at 13:18

The document requirements page for Tier 5 youth mobility visa doesn't list return flight ticket.

As a general rule of thumb, return flights are not required for work and long term study visas.

  • 1
    This would be a perfect answer if it linked to the document requirements page it mentions. Any chance of that? – MadHatter Jan 26 at 7:14

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.