Hi I am a filipina who will go to Dominic Country without visa. My flight will layover in Canada Airport for 19hrs. Is it okay if I get eTA transit, instead of transit visa?

  • Can you calrify whether you hold any other visa? – Anish Sheela Jan 25 at 7:42
  • Nope. I don't have visa. I am not going to get a visa because I will stay in Dominica Country for 21 days only. – Mariel Fe Bugais Jan 25 at 15:53
  • Updated the answer. TL;DR - You need a transit visa. – Anish Sheela Jan 25 at 19:23

You need a transit visa in canada. eTA doesn't apply for Philippines.

See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html#visarequired

  • She could be traveling to Dominica. – phoog Jan 25 at 11:56
  • @phoog Sorry. Corrected the answer. – Anish Sheela Jan 25 at 19:23
  • 1
    It's rather more concise now, but I can't upvote it because I already did. – phoog Jan 25 at 21:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.