I'm a canadian citizen. i have a stopover to japan going home to canada and will transfer from tokyo HND airport to tokyo NRT. Also, I have layover of from 4 am in the morning and be leaving at 6 pm of the same date. I'm planning to have a 1 day sightseeing outside the airport. Do I need to get a visa or any documents so i can go out?

marked as duplicate by David Richerby, Traveller, choster, bytebuster, Giorgio Jan 19 at 1:12

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    The duplicate question is more aimed at people who usually need a visa for Japan. However, as a Canadian citizen you don't need a visa, so you're free to enter Japan during transit. – jpatokal Jan 18 at 21:22
  • Canadians don't need Japanese visas for short visits including transit and tourism. – xuq01 Jan 18 at 21:52