Hi all I received a work contract today from a company that is primarily in Germany, however they are officially registered in Denmark.

I am an American citizen and have an appointment at the German consulate next week, however after looking through my contract, I see that there are mentions of it being a Danish company.

Would I have to go to the Danish consulate instead?

I will only be living/working in Germany.

  • 2
    Surely Denmark cannot provide you with a visa to work in Germany? That principle would open up all sorts of possibilities. Suppose it is an American company with offices in Germany. Would you expect the US to provide you with a visa to work in Germany? – Weather Vane Jan 17 '19 at 23:14
  • 3
    Also, if you will be working in Germany, they must also be registered there, so they can levy all relevant taxes, and social security contributions. – jcaron Jan 17 '19 at 23:56
  • 2
    @joseph Schafer What advice has your new employer given? – Traveller Jan 18 '19 at 0:51
  • I believe that you guys are right, I will continue to go to the German consulate. – Joseph Schafer Jan 22 '19 at 4:05
  • @Traveller they are a start-up and I am their first Non-EU employee so we're figuring this out together. – Joseph Schafer Jan 22 '19 at 4:06