This question already has an answer here:

one of my friend travel to UK and was done 12 month prison and he availed voluntary return scheme can he go back to UK again or not.

marked as duplicate by Traveller, David Richerby, Giorgio, RoboKaren, choster Jan 16 at 23:07

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • What is his nationality? He may be ineligible to enter under V9.1.2 not conducive to the public good; voluntary departure is a one-year ban assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/… – Traveller Jan 16 at 8:03
  • Was he deported? What was his actual sentence length? He cannot enter the UK for at least 15 years since the end of his sentence. 12months-4 years in prison means a 15 year bar. Depending on the crime, entry could be refused at the officer's discretion for longer. – greatone Jan 16 at 8:07

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.