I’m planning a trip to the Bahamas from Nigeria. Most of the flights transit between the US/Germany. Do I have to apply for a transit visa before the Bahamas application or it’s the other way around?


You have to take the bahamas Visa first and then only you can apply for Transit Visa.

For US and germany, you definetly need a transit visa.

  • Ok. Says I might not require a transit visa if transit is under 12 hours and I wouldn’t have to leave the transit area – user87882 Jan 13 at 15:49
  • Yes. I would suggest to take flights that doesn't require a transit visa. US Transit visas may not be easy to get. – Anish Sheela Jan 13 at 15:51
  • Hard to find a flight without a transit. – user87882 Jan 13 at 16:09
  • 1
    OP is a Nigerian national and, as such, would require an airport transit visa (ATV) when transiting through any airport in the Schengen area. The site you have linked to is not affiliated with German Government (or any other official info). There is a comprehensive answer here regarding Schengen transit. – Giorgio Jan 13 at 16:09
  • 1
    @DavidRicherby agreed; I should have said if but it was more about pointing to the TSE Q&A and that the link in the response was not definitive. In truth, the answer should be, first get a visa for the Bahamas, then apply for the visa(s) appropriate to the country/countries of transit. – Giorgio Jan 13 at 21:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.