I am a US citizen and recently got approved for a marriage visitor visa to the UK. I have children who are also US citizens, do I have to apply for a tourist visa for them to enter the UK to travel with me for the wedding? Or as my dependents are they covered by my marriage visitor visa?

  • I think I've seen a duplicate of this question, but I don't see it now. I am fairly sure that your children do not need a visa, but not entirely sure.
    – phoog
    Jan 12 '19 at 18:19
  • I am really confused because I remember when I was filling out the application, it clearly said dependents should apply separately. If anyone could help the confusion please.
    – Elle Lim
    Jan 12 '19 at 19:43
  • 1
    I believe that means that they should apply separately for whatever visa they might need. If they were from a non-visa-exempt country they would need a (separate) standard visitor visa to accompany you, but since they're from a visa-exempt country, they do not need a visa.
    – phoog
    Jan 12 '19 at 21:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.