I was deported 15 years ago from USA, because I was living and working as an illegal alien. Last year I applied for a student visa to Canada and it was denied because my travel history. Is there any chance for me to obtain a visa to Canada someday?

  • Yes there is a chance, however it is very very very slim because USA and Canada are like twins. You apply just like anyone else and answer truthfully and hope – ThE iLlEgAl aLiEn Jan 11 at 16:13
  • 2
    What did it say in the refusal letter? 15 years is a really long time and I don't think the deportation is the only reason for the refusal. How old are you? Wanting to study 15 years after being deported for working illegally doesnt really seem credible. – greatone Jan 11 at 17:08
  • @greatone I started my PhD studies 32 years after starting my first job. 15 years is not that long. – Patricia Shanahan Jan 11 at 20:33

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.