I want to apply for a UK standard visit visa and I read that I should have a strong tie to my home country that will guarantee my return to my home country when my visa expires. So i want to ask if being a full time university student is a strong enough tie to help me get a UK visit visa ?

  • 1
    Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the specifics of your case. Would somebody who does not think you're honest and reliable come to the conclusion that it makes sense for you to become an illegal immigrant? – o.m. Jan 8 '19 at 6:13
  • 4
    Wanting to take 3-4 months away from your studies outside normal vacation times isn’t consistent with trying to use your studies as evidence of ties you your home country Can I stay in the uk for up to 3 months when am on a standard visitor visa valid for 6 months – Traveller Feb 11 '19 at 23:57

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.