I have planed to visit my cousin in England for 1 month and therefore I need to apply for a standard visitor visa. My cousin is a British citizen and he is sponsoring this trip for me. There are 3 questions on my application which I do not feel very sure if I am answering in the right way (I need any suggestions by you for example something that I should add to my answer... ):

1- Why are they (my cousin in this case) helping to pay for your visit?

My cousin and his family have been in Albania (country where I live) too many times, I have been very supportive to them and I have helped them to be more familiar in their holidays in Albania. My family also has been very kind to them in every situations and has helped them in any way they could so my cousin feels very thankful and wants to give it back by making my wish to once visit England come true. I really love their family and they really love me so they want me to visit them and to show me some of the most beautiful tourist places in the country they live in.

Documents that I am going to send with my applications by my cousin who is the sponsor of my trip:

  • A photocopy of his passport
  • A Bank statement of his income
  • A letter of invitation by him (including that he has enough room for me and his home address)

2- ....Do you have any suggestions of any other docs that I need by my cousin?

3- I have found some information that during the applications I should give the UK visa officer evidence that I am going to come back before visa ends.

I am not sure what documents should I give to them to show evidence that I am coming back before my visa ends? I am 16 years old and I am still on a high school and I have planed to go to England at the end of this school year, after I finish this school year I have another two school years to finish my high school so I wouldn't interrupt my education because this is my future and I have good grades. Is it OK if I put in my other documents a verification that I am still a student? What other docs would be suitable to show that I am not going to stay in England.

1 Answer 1


The documents I see that you definitely should include are:

  • Should I include my parents bank statements even if my cousin is sponsoring everything for me?
    – Louis
    Jan 5, 2019 at 14:58
  • The visa officer wants to see your own personal economic status, even if someone else pays all of your expenses. If your parents still take care of you, then they are part of that. Jan 5, 2019 at 15:10
  • Can you tell me if I have answered the first question in the right way so will it be acceptable by visa officer
    – Louis
    Jan 5, 2019 at 15:13
  • Yes, that's a fine answer. Jan 5, 2019 at 15:13
  • 1
    You should also bring a permission letter from your parents to travel to the UK. gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/if-youre-under-18
    – Sarriesfan
    Jan 5, 2019 at 19:16

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .