I am an Indian citizen and have a Schengen Visa and will be traveling from Delhi to Paris to Mexico. I do not require a visa for Mexico. Do I need to spend a day or so in Paris or can I transit to Mexico City directly? I would like to stay in Paris for a few days on my return trip.

  • 1
    No, you do not have to go to Paris to use your Schengen visa for entering Mexico Jan 4, 2019 at 11:59

1 Answer 1


On the assumption that you are transiting through CDG (no flights to/from Delhi or Mexico in Orly to my knowledge), then as an Indian citizen, you can do airside transit without a visa.

As you say you have a Schengen visa (but knot knowing anything further about this visa), I would expect that you would be granted entry to France if you wanted to leave the airport.

However, are you sure you do not require a visa for Mexico? Ordinarily Indian nationals do.

  • 3
    National visa may be substituted with a valid visa or permanent residence documents issued by the US, Canada, Japan, UK or Schengen Area member state to enter Mexico for tourism, transit, or business purposes. Jan 4, 2019 at 11:56
  • The Mexican govt site states that if I hold a Schengen Visa I do not require a visa to enter Mexico.i have a Schengen Visa but I do not want to spend time in a Schengen country as I need to attend a wedding in Mexico. However I will be spending some time in Paris on my return to new delhi
    – Ushaita
    Jan 4, 2019 at 23:09

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .