I am a Chilean passport holder and entering the US last time I didn't get my passport stamped as usual. Now I don't have proof of entry and don't know until when I can remain in the country.

  • 2
    You can obtain your proof of entry and duration of stay by retrieving your I-94 from the CBP web site. – k2moo4 Dec 29 '18 at 5:19

Not all entries to the US receive a passport stamp, especially if you use the electronic kiosks, and this is absolutely normal and fine.

Try looking up your information on the official I-94 website. That will give you a record of your entry and will tell you how long you are allowed to stay.

  • 1
    Are you sure about this? To the best of my knowledge this only applies to US Citizens – user 56513 Dec 29 '18 at 8:32
  • Agreed, I visit the US regularly and have always been stamped in, even when using the kiosks. – jpatokal Dec 29 '18 at 11:07
  • @HonoraryWorldCitizen It can also happen to VWP passports, esp. at lax airports like MIA – Crazydre Dec 29 '18 at 11:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.