For the next couple years, my family and I are planning on traveling all through Europe with our camper. I am a Croatian (and US) citizen, as well as my kids. My husband is a US citizen with Croatian residency. Will the 90/180 Schengen rule apply to us? We will travel to each country in the Europe but will never stay longer than 3 months in each one. Thanks.

  • 1
    If the 90/180 rule applies to your case (if -- I don't know), then you're only allowed to spend 90 out of 180 days anywhere in the Schengen zone: you don't get a separate 90-day allocation for each country. You wouldn't, for example, be able to spend 90 days in France and then 90 days in Germany, without leaving Schengen for 90 days between the two. Also, bear in mind that immigration officials are usually supicious of people who try to max out their entries by repeatedly staying for about 90 days, then leaving just long enough to reset the counter. – David Richerby Dec 28 '18 at 19:34
  • Does your husband have an Article 10 residence permit? – Michael Hampton Dec 28 '18 at 21:52
  • He has a temporary residency permit. – Umarlene Dec 28 '18 at 23:26
  • 1
    @DavidRicherby the 90/180 rule does not apply here. I'll post an answer in a few hours if nobody else does before then. – phoog Dec 28 '18 at 23:51
  • @MichaelHampton it does not matter whether he has a residence card. – phoog Dec 28 '18 at 23:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.