I’m in a really difficult position. My wallet got robbed in the UK with all my documents, my Guinea-Bissau passport and Visa, and my UK Biometric Residence Permit.

I’m currently living in UK and my passport was stolen here.

The problem is that a passport replacement can only be issued in Portugal or France. Do you have any idea on how I can do that without any papers?

I have asked for a replacement BRP but I’m not sure about my Visa if I can ask for any replacement which is still 3 months valid (btw I asked for a Schengen Visa so I could enter to Portugal as I was due to travel on 17/12/18)

  • 4
    I think your best option is to call the embassy in Paris or Lisbon and ask for assistance. They may have an option to replace your passport by mail, or may be able to have a passport issued through another embassy in London. Regarding the Schengen visa, I believe you'll have to reapply for one explaining the circumstances, so it should be relatively quick, but definitely not in time to travel on monday. You'll most probably have to cancel that trip :-( – jcaron Dec 15 '18 at 0:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.