My hometown is in West Bengal, India and currently I am staying in Gurugram.

I applied for a passport in Gurugram and the officials have put it on hold as they are asking me to come up with another address proof rather than the rent agreement which I don't have. So I want to close this application for that I just wanted to know which type of appointment I have to take as there are two options:

appointment for application submission


appointment for enquiry
  • I have no experience with the Indian passport authority, so this is not posted as an Answer. But logically speaking, the first alternative (Appt for Submission) is clearly not what you want to do. The second alternative (Appt for Enquiry) is closer, as you do in fact have an Enquiry: "How do I cancel or close my application?" Of these two, I'd choose the second. – David supports Monica Dec 7 '18 at 17:16
  • Not an answer to your question but you can show photo passbooks issued by nationalized banks as proof of address. – RedBaron Dec 8 '18 at 4:18

It might be easier to not have to go in. You could go to the place, wait in line for an appointment etc....

However, there's a toll free helpline to get an instant answer on this: 1800 258 1800

They're open Monday to Friday – 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM.

You can also email them on passportggn@gmail.com

Website: www.passportindia.gov.in/

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.