I was in UK last year on an ICT short term (1 year) work permit which expired in June this year owing to which I came back to India. When I was in UK I had applied for a Schengen visa for a euro tour which is still valid as the expiry on it is after 6 months from now.

Can I use this Schengen visa to travel to Amsterdam from India now? Does it matter that it was applied from the UK and not India?


Yes, you can travel to Amsterdam or any other Schengen state as long as your visa is valid. However, do make sure that the visa issued to you is a multiple entry visa if you have already visited a Schengen country using this visa.

| improve this answer | |
  • There's also the 90/180 rule to consider, but if the traveler hasn't been in Europe since June -- that is, has been outside the Schengen area for more than 90 days -- it's not necessary to count any previous time spent in the Schengen area. – phoog Nov 30 '18 at 19:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.