I am going to the UK with a work permit. My husband got deported from the UK in 2014 because he stayed illegally on a student visa.

Can my husband apply again as a spouse?

  • 6
    Can he apply? Yes. Will he get it? Most probably not. – Hanky Panky Nov 29 '18 at 7:00
  • 5
    Your husband has established a record of visa abuse. Why should UK Immigration believe that he won't abuse the system again? If you can answer that then he might have a chance of getting a visa. If not then you should probably save the application fee. – user79658 Nov 29 '18 at 7:05
  • 2
    Does "as a spouse" mean to move to the UK for settlement? If so, the preceding comments may be wrong, but you should ask at Expatriates to get a good answer, since settlement visas are off topic here. – phoog Nov 29 '18 at 16:04
  • 3
    @CannonFodder if he's applying for a spouse visa then staying indefinitely in the UK would not be an abuse of the system. Is that reason enough for UKVI to believe that he won't abuse the system? – phoog Nov 29 '18 at 16:05

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.