My old Egyptian passport with a valid USA visa has my father's name as Fekry. My new valid passport has it spelled Fikry. Will this be a problem when entering the US?

  • 2
    Nobody cares about that. Nov 26, 2018 at 23:16
  • 2
    Most countries don't list any family members in a passport, except the underage children of the passport holder, if at all. This information is totally irrelevant for them - I can't even think of why Egypt would.
    – Nij
    Nov 28, 2018 at 5:02

1 Answer 1


No it will not.

Your name should be spelled correctly; and your old visa is still valid even though your passport has expired. Make sure you carry both passports with you when you travel.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .