I am Egyptian and I hold a BRP residence permit in the UK. I want to travel to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. Do I need a visa for both Turkey and TRNC?

2 Answers 2


For the TRNC, you don't need a visa for up to 90 days.

For Turkey: as in most places, you need no documentation other than an onward ticket if not leaving the airport's transit area.

If you need to leave the transit area, however (for example if you're on separate bookings with luggage to pick up and re-check), you need to buy either:

  1. An e-visa to be presented with your passport and BRP card at Turkish border control.
  2. A regular visa at the airport visa desk, for which you need both your passport and BRP card

Northern Cyprus has very relaxed visa regulations. For visits for up to 90 days, only citizens of Nigeria and Armenia need to apply for a visa prior to traveling.

Source: Website of MFA of TRNC

So, no, you don't need a visa. But keep in mind that,

Foreigners are required to have the following in their possessions at the port of entry to the TRNC:

  • A valid passport
  • £85 (Sterling Pounds) or equivalent per day the visitor intends to stay
  • Round trip ticket
  • Proof of confirmed hotel reservation
  • For visiting family or friends, a letter of invitation which provides name, address, phone number and other contact information in full
  • If traveling for higher education, an official acceptance letter from the university
  • If traveling on a business trip, an official letter of invitation from a company in the TRNC
  • The one catch is that there's no direct flights to TRNC: you need to transit either via Turkey or the Republic of Cyprus, and may need visas to do so. Nov 26, 2018 at 5:47
  • 1
    @jpatokal Not for TUrkey if staying in the transit area, and even if leaving it, she just needs an e-visa
    – Crazydre
    Nov 26, 2018 at 8:32

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .