I have submitted my application for a Tier 2 ICT employer sponsored visa. While this is in process, can I start the standard visitor visa application for my mother who would be traveling with me and staying with me in UK for 6 months? She is a housewife and I would be taking care of all her travel and stay expenses.

What is the process to apply for my mother and what documents need to be submitted to avoid refusal. Can I start her visa process along with my visa process?

  • 7
    You should tell us where you are from, but 6 months is a very long visit. On the face of it, this application sounds highly likely to be refused. – MJeffryes Nov 20 '18 at 14:26
  • 2
    @Shree Details of the visitor visa requirements are here gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa There’s little point applying for your mother’s visitor visa until you know whether your Tier2 visa has been approved - your mother has no premise for her visit without that. I agree with MJeffryes, on the basis of the information in your question a 6 month-long visit sounds highly likely to be refused – Traveller Nov 20 '18 at 15:09
  • 1
    Classic case of counting ones chicks before they hatch. – user 56513 Nov 20 '18 at 17:15
  • @MJeffryes what is the solution then in this case, – Shree Nov 21 '18 at 4:53
  • 2
    @shree Plan a much shorter visit for your mother (3 weeks at most), and include evidence that she will return back to her home country at the end of the holiday. Note that if her visa is granted on the premise that she will stay 3 weeks, she will still get a 6 month visa but she should stay as long as she said she would, not 6 months, or future applications will be refused. This site has lots of answers about this subject, search for “uk visa ties” and travel.stackexchange.com/questions/87229/… – MJeffryes Nov 21 '18 at 10:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.