I learned about Interline Partnerships and Plating Carriers today and I am wondering how these agreements work in regards to baggage policy. In particular, I'm curious as to whose baggage fees are applied.
For instance, say I bought a ticket which flew:
- First Segment: Ottawa to Montreal with Air Canada.
- Second Segment: Montreal to Paris with Air France.
- Return flight is the reverse of the outbound itinerary (CDG -> YUL -> YOW)
- Air Canada is the Plating Carrier
- No baggage allowance provided with this ticket
When I check-in at the Ottawa airport with some baggage to be checked, will I be charged Air Canada's rates? Or will I have to pay baggage fees for both the Air Canada and Air France portions of the trip?
When I am returning and check-in at Charles De Gaulle with the same baggage, do I pay Air France's baggage fees or will Air Canada's status as the Plating Carrier still determine my baggage fees?